My nail whites are huge

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

My nail whites are huge

Hi, I just had a question regarding my nails. Over the past several months, the white of my nails has become larger and uneven instead of straight -- and the part that is uneven is where the pink of my nail turns white. All of my fingernails are affected like this, however, it is worst in my ring and pinky fingers. The white part on my right pinky finger goes about halfway down my nail!

I did used to bite my nails when I was a child, but I haven't for a long time and so I'm not sure why this is happening so badly now. Is there anything I can do to make them look normal again? It seems to have gotten worse when I wore nail polish, if that means anything.

One possibility for your symptoms can be Terry’s nails in which the nails turn white with ground glass appearance. The other possibilities are iron deficiency anemia, hepatic failure, cirrhosis, diabetes mellitus, congestive heart failure and hyperthyroidism. If the nail is crumbling then a fungal nail infection caused by onychomycosis needs to be ruled out.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I also only on the ring fingers, white part growing down into the pinks of my nails, is there any reason you can think of that would cause this only on the ring fingers of both of my hands?
I have the same problem with the White's of my nails on my ring fingers and pinks on both hands is growing way down the nail.  Did you ever get an answer to why this was happening to you?  I've searched the Internet but can't find the answer?
I have this problem with the White's of my nails on my ring fingers and pinky fingers on both hands is growing way down the nail.  Did you ever get an answer to why this was happening to you?  I've searched the Internet but can't find the answer?