My skin is very dry and very oily at the same time?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I have combination skin, but it it very extreme. My nose, forehead and cheeks are extremely oily, whilst around my mouth and above my upper lip my skin is extremely dry. I don't know what to do to counter this problem. I use a mild facial cleanser twice a day and use a facial moisturizer once a day on my whole face and twice a day on the areas that are dry, but I am still encountering both problems of extreme oiliness and extreme dryness. I exfoliate the skin in the dry areas until they are red and raw but the dry skin seems to come back after about an hour. What should I do/use?
You need to get checked this dry skin for any seborrheic dermatitis. Seborrheic dermatitis is a common skin condition that causes flaky, dry, white to yellowish scales to form on oily areas esp under the nose or anywhere on face.

It is usually caused by overgrowth of Malassezia furfur. This skin disease commonly affects adolescents and young adults, especially in warm and humid climates and is aggravated by sweating and humidity.
Please get this possibility evaluated from a dermatologist.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you very much, will look into this.