My skin mole fell off will it grow back?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I had a small skin mole on my upper lip and i was plucking some hair out of my upper lip and my mole just seemed as if it got darker i think i mite of peeled the skin off off it and i for got about it and I was in my room and i felt something on my upper lip and forgot it was my mole and accidently scratched it off. Now the spot is pinkish it doesnt look infected but u could kind of tell that the mole used to be there will the mole grow back?
It is possible that it will grow back. I know that my husband had a mole that he scratched off and it grew back and I had one on my arm I got a misquito bite on and I scratched it off and it grew back. I'm sure it has to do with the cells in that area having the pimintation and collegen qualities of a mole and when those cells replicate the mole comes back. It may not look the same, but that's why mole have to be surgically removed to get rid of instead of just scratched off.
thanks for your help
Mostly nevus after removal may grow back. Keep an eye on it as it may be bigger in size or darker in color. What happens is that melanocytes left behind in the wound regrow in an abnormal pattern. This is accompanied by scarring, inflammation, and blood vessel changes.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.