Mysterious rash. Doctor clueless.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Mysterious rash. Doctor clueless.

My name is Justine. I'm very very worried about a rash.. thing.. that my Dad has. He caught it at a nursing home, from a resident there because he wasn't allowed to wear gloves outside of her room and she had it.
It LOOKS like bug bites in a way. Like little blisters. They started on his arm, then moved (spread) to his armpits, abs, back, genital area (sorry..), and legs.
He talked to our doctor and he told him to get something to dry out the rash and then something that was SUPPOSED to make it go away (the package said it was for rashes like poison ivy, oak, sumac, etc.) but it didn't. My Dad tried some calamine lotion but that doesn't relieve the itching or make the rash go away either.
My Dad made an appointment to see the doctor and he told me it went something like..
The doctor asked what my Dad if he thought it was poison ivy or poison oak or something like that or maybe an allergic reaction. My Dad said he caught it from one of the residents at his nursing home. The doctor asked which nursing home and My Dad told him. The doctor paused and said this woman's full name, without my Dad ever mentioning it and my Dad said yes. The doctor stepped backwards cautiously and put on gloves.

If I have more information or if I can get some pictures of the rash up, I'll let you know. This is all I know at the moment.
The rash was given to him by a resident at his Nursing Home. A lady that he needs to assist to walk or get out of bed even.
The rash spreads and isn't effected by Ivarest, Calamine Lotion, Hydrocortizone, Benedryl, Zyrtec, or anything of that nature that we've found.
It's been weeks and the Doctor has no idea what it is, but he knew that the resident had it and seemed afraid to be around it.

My mom and I don't want to catch this, please help us.
Since the rash was transmitted by a resident in a nursing home, so it looks contagious in nature and can be scabies, bullous staph or fungal infection or herpes sores.  I suggest your father to get an evaluation, blood tests like culture of the virus and a biopsy skin done to exactly confirm the diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you for your answer. I appreciate it.
We found out it wasn't scabies, the doctor says it's some form of dermatitis or something. It had a very strange name that, when my dad told me, he couldn't actually remember the name of.
My dad still has it and nobody has found a REAL cure to it- it's supposedly sort of a virus? And when he uses a lotion.. (will post name later when I find the tube of my dad's).. it goes down and calms but, doens't go away.
When he finally almost gets it gone, 2 more bumps or sometimes 1 pop up and it's just so annoying. We aren't as worried as we were before because it's evidently not really life changing...... like herpes or something. But still worried a bit.
My mom and I haven't caught it so far and we're all doing alright, it's just annoying that it won't go away now.
I would select you for best answer .. but I can't find out how to! I'm sorry. O.o
Thanks for your kind words. God bless..
i know this post is old but really hope you see this we have the same problem at our nursing facility would love to know what it turned out to be cause i break out and then it clears up then comes back can you please help?