Dermatology Expert Forum
NOTICED PIMPLES FORMING AROUND MY GROIN AREA

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

It hasnt been a month yet and i have scattered pimples around my groin area. Its close to a month now and they are still there. One grew and produced a whitehead, then it went down but the pimple is still there with no whitehead, and now another pimple that was there grew and has a whitehead now. Im really nervous and i dont know what this is? Is there such thing as acne around my groin area that lasts for a long time?. They dont hurt or anything. There are scattered pimples around my groin area, right in the same area as my pubic hair,that Im afraid to find out what it is. Can you please help me out with this? THANK YOU
There isn't acne, but there is folliculitis, which looks the same.  In order to find out for sure if that's what it is, you'll need to see a doctor, and to do that, you'll need to overcome your fear of finding out what it is.  I think you'll find that you don't have anything serious, so you owe it to yourself to go and be checked.  Meantime, please don't mess with any of the spots, since that would confuse the issue.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
It definately does not sound like a STD or anything serious. herpes would not last a month and warts would not go away without treatment. Go get it checked out for your piece of mind bro. Antibacterial soap should clear it up if its folliculitis, but Im no doctor so take their advice. Good luck
I did research for this and if its folliculitis wouldnt i have a hair on each pimple. Because in this case i dont. For some reason i broke out a month ago with what looks like pimples around my groin area, in the pubic area. What do you think caused this, why has it been a month and it hasnt left yet? Can it leave? Some have puss and some dont..One grew bigger developed puss popped on its own, but during this i have no pain or itching nothing. please help, thanks
Inflamed hair follciles dont need hairs in them. Folliculitis is a a bacterial infection. Which means antibiotics and antibacterial cleansers (neosporin) will do the trick. Its nothing serious and quite common. Just go see a doctor bro! You can always go to a public health STD clinic (or planned parenthood)and get their opinion. They are not dermatolgists but can tell that its not a STD or anything serious to relieve your anxiety. You can post all you want on here, but you will never get a proper diagnosis. Go to the Doc and your fears will go away. Take Care bro.
Since i never had this problem before is it common to get pimples around my groin area, pubic hair area, or something that looks like pimples. i had it for over a month now and it doesnt go away. Looks like the pimples get flamed from time to time and produce a big whitehead. Can i treat this on my own without getting checked out? Is it possible it can be anything else other than folucilitus? what can i do so i can prevent this in the near future?

My tip of my penis head around the opening gets a little red from time to time, why is that what can it be what i can do to treat it?
oh and it doesnt hurt when i pee. but now that my top near the opening is red, i feel a little burning what can this be and how can i treat it? thanks for your help
Dude really go see a doctor before it falls off!!  kidding but why drive yourself crazy?
I think you should go online and type in Hidradenitis.  There are sites that have pictures (be careful and TRUST the person if they tell you the pics are graphic, they are, and some of the 'sites' or places where these not-so-little bumps appear are pretty nasty looking.  But if you look, be ready, because if you decide this is what's bothering you, you need to print everything you can find on the subject and go, fully armed with all your paperwork, to a dermotologist.  When you call to make your appointment, be sure to ask if the dr is aware and informed on the disease.  Then take all the paperwork with you anyway, b/c they'll say yes even if they aren't familiar.  
The dr will prob'ly refer you to a plastic surgeon if s/he needs to.  I'm looking at surgery under my right arm after having these things bother me for years and years.  And it started out the way yours did, but with fewer 'zits'.  Good luck in your research, and I hope you keep us posted on your progress.
what are you trying to say the doctor diagnosed me with Molluscum what does Hidradenitis have to do with it> you think this is the cause? please explain. thanks
A related discussion, RED PIMPLES ON PUBIC AREA was started.