Name of chronic itch of shoulderblade

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Name of chronic itch of shoulderblade

I have a chronic itch of my left shoulderblade.  My dermatologist told me what it is called, but I have forgotten the name.  There are no outward signs of dryness, infection, etc.  It just itches.  His recommendation was "it's ok to scratch".  Please tell me what this is called.  Thanks.
This itch may be due to neurodermatitis. Neurodermatitis develops when nerve endings in the skin become irritated, triggering a severe itch-scratch-itch cycle. In such type of itching, plenty of moisturizers and Sarna lotion, cooling lotions like those containing camphor or menthol, capsacain or local anesthetic creams, amitriptyline and gabapentin tablets and electrical cutaneous nerve field stimulation prove effective.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.