Natural Skin Care Products?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Natural Skin Care Products?

I have pretty sensitive skin because I have a skin disease called atopic dermatitis (similar to eczema). I would really love to use more natural skin care products, but I find that a lot of them are irritating to my skin or aren't effective. I've tried Burt's Bee's products, nature's gate, etc.

Right now the only things that keep my skin rash-free and soft are Cetaphil body lotion and then Clinique face lotion. I also use Hydrocortisone if I do have a flare up. My fear is that since these products are full of chemicals that they can somehow cause damage or harm in the future.

Does anything have natural skin care suggestions for me? Do you think my use of the above skin care products will cause issues? Thanks!
Cetaphil is a good hypopallergenic face wash and you can cleanse your face with it. There are certain other non-pharmacological measures which are equally important in treating atopic dermatitis. These are Lubricating the skin frequently with a thin layer of vaseline, avoiding harsh soaps and cleansers, preventing scratching or rubbing whenever possible, protecting skin from excessive moisture, irritants, and rough clothing, maintaining a cool, stable temperature and consistent humidity levels, limiting exposure to dust, cigarette smoke, pollens, and animal dander & Recognizing and limiting emotional stress.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.