Neck Rash/Lump

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Neck Rash/Lump

I got a tattoo on the back of my neck about 3 days ago... I have five others and have never had any problems. I think the rash forming on the tattoo is because of a different cream i've been putting on it but what I was wondering is what can I use to make it go away?

Also, there's a slight lump on the side of my neck, hurts if I put pressure on it. I haven't noticed it until now...could this have anything to do with the tattoo? Should I be worried?

Thanks for your help.
The neck lump sounds like a swollen lymph node. Lymphadenopathy (swollen lymph nodes) is usually caused by a viral or bacterial infection. Other causes include allergic reactions, arthritis, cancer, metabolic diseases, and an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism).

From the symptoms of rash and swollen lymph node, there is a possibility of an allergic reaction to the dye of the tattoo. I suggest you to consult a dermatologist as antihistaminics and steroids may be needed.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.