New black spots all over the body

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

New black spots all over the body

Hi, I just moved from texas to arkasas and i have observed 2 weeks ago there are small black marks on my skin, they look like birth maks but they r new. most of these marks are small with 1mm diameter and few are upto 3mm in diameter. They r not apparent right but it seems i am getting new ones.  Right now they are scattered al over the body including 3 on my face.  Can someone diagnose it please i am a student and my insurance wont get activated for another month and i am scared.  And if it helps i am of indian origin
I cannot confirm anything without examination,but it can be pityriaisis versicolor. It is a common skin infection caused by the yeast Malassezia furfur. This skin disease commonly affects adolescents and young adults, especially in warm and humid climates.

Most cases of fungal infections respond to over-the-counter products, which contain any of several basic ingredients: miconazole, tolnaftate, terbinafine,ketaconazole and clotrimazole.You can consult a pharmacist and get any cream or lotion containing these ingredients. Some of them are Lamisil, Monistat derm, Mycelex, and Nizoral.
I hope that helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.

Thanks a lot for your response i will try to use nizoral or kz and see if it works and also, i have checked versicolor online and it seems the spots are not distributed and are not very dark... the spots i have are highly distributed and look just like birth marks and they are everywhere including on my palms and face.... they start as small light colored spots and become darkar.....cam these be symptoms of versicolor too please let me know

Thank you,
The lesions of pityriasis versicolor presents as light to dark brown spots.Try using the topical antifungals and if the symptoms persist then get solar lentigo,moles and seborrheic keratosis ruled out. I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

my friend has weird black marks one on the back of her leg and the athoer on the front i need to know what it is can anyone help me please!
sorry i meant another and cansome one pleases tell me what it is
i have something like this its all over my body and they look like birth marks,,,do you know what it is??
My friend is 53 years old and has 1/2 dime-sized black spots all over her body. What could this be. Is it possible that it could be a sexually transmitted disease.  
I have this friend ,not very clean about herself.Her hygene *****.Shower onces this year. It's bad. She has little black spots all over,she needs help ,I'm hoping it is from not showering.Maybe she will get it.Thanks
Hi, i'm from delhi and i'm 11. i'm havin dark spots on my stomach, back n above my chest my parents are not bothered about it but i'm afraid.
im having alot of black marks all over my body. for eg, if a hot cooking oil spilled on my leg, it will be a black mark and it wont g away and itz remained for quite a long time.. is ter any solution for tis? can anybody help me??
Hi I'm 15 & I'm having black spots on my back & stomach & now I'm getting them in my arms I have no idea what is it I'm kinda scared if you know what is it please tell me & if you know why I'm getting them tell me & if you know how can I  take it off please tell me