New scalp biopsy results, any ideas?
A recent 8mm punch biopsy on the scalp this was of an ACTIVE lesion as it was forming. The lesions appears as a soft crater-like area, and there is no visible bleeding, wound, and no hair loss. As a lesion forms, it causes intense sharp pain, is warm to the touch, and become spongy, then it begins sinking leaving a crater-like area. Other symptoms include persistent nausea, vomiting, and dizziness. The results were as follows.

Focal degeneration and early focal necrosis of epidermis with focal early separation from papillary dermis. Mild focal interstitial, perivascular and perifollicular chronic dermatitis, nonspecific. Dermal solar elastosis and mild deep dermal and subcutaneous mucinosis. Mild ischemic degeneration of subcutaneous adipose tissue.

Dermal solar elastosis is just sun damage, and of no concern as my hair is very short. The cause of the rest is unknown. I have been checked for lupus (ANA as well as DNA anti-body tests), and the comment states that the results do NOT appear to be lupus. They suggested glucagonoma, but my serum glucagon levels are normal, ruling that out. Zinc deficiency was also considered, but testing revealed normal zinc levels (including zinc plasma and serum zinc). They also checked and ruled out Lyme Disease (both blood and block test from the biopsy sample).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Right now the doctors have done so many tests, ruling out one thing after another. At this point my doctor is considering the diagnosis of systemic degos disease with atypical lesions, and may make that diagnosis within the next week. The reason for systemic degos is due to a previous stroke. I am hoping that someone may any other ideas that I may pass on to my doctors. Systemic degos disease if fatal, so I welcome other possibilities. Thank you in advance.

note: I have not been out of the USA, a question asked often by any new doctor that I see.