Nickel Sized Bumps in Genital Area - What the heck are these things????...

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Nickel Sized Bumps in Genital Area - What the heck are these things????

This is embaressing... And I have Googled my *** off and cannot find something that resembles what I have. First, I am a 28 year old female. I have had only one partner in the past 5 years. I have been faithful, and he has.... Well he wasn't. I am not sure about now - Long Story..

Ok So about mid February I noticed this lump on my inner thigh/ underwear line/ I have a hard time describing exact locations so bear with me. I remember I went to the washroom and when I wiped I felt something tender. So I grabbed my hand mirror and took a peak. It was about the size a nickel. Very soar and very red. When I squeezed the damn thing puss and blood came out. It swelled up quite a bit, to the size of a gum ball. I thought, I might have to do it again tomorrow but this should be the end of it. It went down for about a week. Then it was really swollen and tender again. And the viscious cycle began. I could not get rid of this thing. Then I thought, well there must be a hair in there. I used a pin, tweezer's everything. I made a damn mess out of it. Finally after about 3 weeks I gave up and just left the thing alone. It started to heal, used some polysporin which helped with the scarring. As soon as that thing healed, 3 more nickel size bumps right in a row showed up around my butt cheeks. Again on the underwear line (Mind you I wear thongs, and this would be if I wore full bum panties) I squeezed these things, clear fluid came out. Very Very Very soar to touch. These too would not go away. After a few days it almost looked like a scar but with a little white dot and still very soar. I squeezed each one and this hard little core popped out. Followed by uncontrollable bleeding. Takes almost 15 minutes for it to stop. Then they healed and went away. Then another one popped up. Same process and as soon as it heals a new one arrives, not always near each other, sometimes the opposite side. Nothing ever comes up above the middle of my vaginal area. Its below and normally closer to my rear. I dont have any STD's. I was checked in January... And from my research... Extensive research I dont have anything. Unless there is some weird one that doesnt come up on google. I dont know how to treat these things and I am embarressed to see a doctor. I just moved cities so I dont even have a family doctor yet.

If anyone has any idea's on what these friggin things could be. I would appreciate ANY and I mean Any Advice.

Thank You for your time!
hmmm....its really weird....
all i can advice you is to STOP POPPING them Please.........
and go to some doctor...it seems you are having some infection....!!!
hmmm....its really weird....
From your symptoms two possibilities are there. The first is of boils and the second possibility is of herpes sores. A boil, also referred to as a skin abscess, is a localized infection deep in the skin. A boil generally starts as a reddened, tender area. Over time, the area becomes firm and hard. Eventually, the center of the abscess softens and becomes filled with pus.

The only way of ruling it out is by getting yourself tested for genital herpes. Laboratory tests include: culture of the virus, direct fluorescent antibody (DFA) studies to detect virus, skin biopsy, and polymerase chain reaction (PCR) to test for presence of viral DNA. I sincerely advise you to consult a dermatologist and get it ruled out.

Till then apply warm compresses and topical antibiotics on these bumps and do not pick them up as it will spread the infection and cause scarring.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.