Nodular Melanoma
My dermatologist diagnosed me with scalp folliculitis on July 2nd.   He prescribed clindamycin gel and to also  shampoo with T-gel or tee tree oil.  On July 5th the folliculitis got worse and I developed these bumps in the area of the folliculitis along with pain and intense itching.  I was using tea tree oil at that time but wasn't using the antibiotic yet.  The folliculitis was spreading.  I began using the clindamycin on July 9th and the T-Gel on July 18th.  The folliculitis began to settle down and improve.  Some of the bumps began to decrease in size as there were about 9 of them.  My wife checked my scalp everyday and said there was a definite improvement especially with the bumps.

I had a follow up appointment of July 25th.  I showed the doctor 4 bumps on the scalp.  I had stage 1 melanoma on my right arm 11 years ago.  When the doctor saw the bumps he said they must be tested immediately for melanoma.  I asked him if these bumps could be from the folliculitis because they are in the center of it.  He said no.  I told him I had many others but they decreased in size or disappeared.  He said they are not from folliculitis that they happened to appear at the same time.

I am a 59 year old male with two small children.  I am aware that nodular melanoma can kill me and now I am convincing myself it is what I have.  I won't know the results until August 8th.  The doctor will not call me if he knows before then.  He insisted I come to the office to hear the results.

My question is could this be something other than nodular melanoma?  My doctor did mention they could be moles that got inflamed.  I told him I never had moles in that spot before.  I am bald on top and I just had a full body check in June.  I am very worried.  Thank you.
While in all possibility
this would turn out to be infected Seborrheic keratosis, your doc was right in getting them biopsied since you have a past history.
Mark my words, you should come out clear.
Cheers.
.
And flat seborrheic keratosis might have been missed by you earlier.
Thank you for your positive remarks.  I'm still waiting for the results which I won't know until August 8th.  The dermatologist also did blood work.  LDH was normal.  

My stress levels are currently very high.  I wish the dermatologist would tell me the results but his policy is to make a two week appointment to go over the report.
With my best wishes and awaiting for a positive reply for you.
Saw the derm today and you were exactly correct.  They were seborrheic keratosis that were inflamed.
That is good news.
Cheers!
Happy to know from your input that it turned out to be infected seborrheic keratosis only.