Nodular Scabies Cure
My 5year old son was diagnosed nodular scabies and has been treated twice but the nodes keep coming back at the same places. The nodes appear on head (four places), armpit(one node), on the back near the armpit (2 nodes), one node at the buttock, one on the side of the leg near groins. Pls help me B'cos I feel helpless when I see my small child itching badly.

Please help me !!!

Nodular scabies presents as pruritic, persistent nodules for weeks or months even after successful treatment of scabies. Treatment consists of scabicidal drugs like sulfur, benzyl benzoate, gamma benzene hexachloride, monosulfiram, permethrin, thiabendazole and crotamiton. Other modalities for treating nodules in scabies include intralesional steroids and surgical excision. Crotamiton is having antipruritic and antibiotic properties and is very successful when used along with steroids. You can discuss this with your child’s dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.