Nodular prurigo
My husband just returned from Afghanistan and is absolutely riddled with this disorder. He has tried multiple treatments i.e. medication for itching and inflamation, anti bacterial creams, steroidial creams, emollients, salt water baths, sunning (as possible).
He is SUFFERING.
Anybody out there with knowledge of this condition? Any radical ideas for treatment?
He needs relief desperately.
Please help!
Nodular prurigo is a condition that causes numerous itchy bumps (nodules) to form on the skin. It often develops when the skin is continually scratched. He should take a comfortably cool bath and wear smooth-textured cotton clothing. Covering the affected area with bandages and dressings can help protect the skin and prevent scratching. He should choose mild soaps without dyes or perfumes and use a mild, unscented laundry detergent when washing clothes, towels and bedding.

Oral antihistaminics like Benadryl are also very useful. In case the systems persist then topical steroids, coal tar and oral steroids are also useful.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.