Nodules around ankle & knee joints - moves, not ringworm

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

My 11 year old has a skin problem.  She gets these weird nodules / bumps around her joint areas.  It started on her knee a couple of years ago. It is not ringworm although sometimes it is in the shape of a ring.  It has moved over the years and is now near her ankle joint.  It is not very painful, but sometimes just a bit sore. What do you think???? Thanks!  
Avatar n tn
I am 26 years old (female) and I have had some of these same symptoms.  Right now the nodules are on my knee.  Sometimes they are followed by severe arthritis flare-ups and bruising.  Erythema nodosum also has occured as well.  I have not found anybody that can give me any answers and so I don't have much to offer.  I am extremely interested in any info that you have come across, and I wish you and your daughter the best of luck.