Dermatology Community
Non- Itchy Flat Skin Large Patch
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Non- Itchy Flat Skin Large Patch

My teen daughter who has light to medium olive skin has developed a large patch of some sort of skin issue on the side of her breast. She called it a bruise that has not gone away because it is slightly darker than her own skin. She thinks it has been there for at least 2 months. Shes plays volleyball year round, and has at times been hit by the ball in the breasts, but doesn't remember if a ball has hit her in this spot. The patch is oval, about the size of a oreo cookie, and pigmented just slightly darker than her own skin tone. It looks flat, wih a change in skin texture.There are no protruding bumps, postules or sores or yellow crusty things. Its smooth but the skin looks dryer / tougher than her normal skin tone. It does not itch.  There might be a TINY  ripple to one edge of the patch.. I do not see a different color edge on this patch. I do see tiny spider veins radiating from the edges of the patch outward away from the patch, and the entire patch has a shiny silvery tint to it, even as it is pigmented a little bit darker than her own skin tone. There is no red to this patch at all, if anything it looks slightly darker than her own skin. Her spider veins have a purplish tint to them if any. Because of the silvery tone, sometimes it looks like there is a thin sheet of skin over it, that could easily be peeled off, but upon closer inspection , its just silvery.

Any suggestions of what this may be?