Non Healing Sore on Penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Non Healing Sore on Penis

In August of 2007, I developed a small disk shaped skin abrasion that was superficial and appeared to be the result of trauma directly below the glans (glands) penis on the right hand side of the shaft "below"/underneath the foreskin (I am uncircumcised and you would need to pull the skin back to be able to view the sore). I provided ample time for healing and yet it did not. Blood would leave the site but with even slight friction the blood would return and attempt to break the surface. Other than visuals there was no other stimuli from the location.

By December 2007, the site had still not healed and the site would become inflamed on the edges of the sore directly after sex. If I had absolutely no friction, the sore would "heal" as the blood would leave the site and the flesh colored skin appeared to "close".

By March 2008 I noticed 2 other smaller sites forming directly next to this sore and so I consulted a Physician as I assumed this was too long to have something that would not heal. We attempted a topical Anti Fungal cream as well as Doxycyclene.

By May of 2008 I was able to go back and get a followup with him and at that time he made me a referral to a Urologist whom I was unable to get an appointment with until Nov 26th 2008 based off insurance restrictions etc.

It is not Oct 2008 and the site has continued to develop slowly and get worse. I have a prexisting condition of Hodgkins and I also am fairly certain I have genital warts attributed to HPV. As such my doctor has prescribed Aldara. I am naturally terrified of Carcinoma as the secondary sites are not oval shaped or circular. The on immediatly next to the initial site looks more like a banana that curves along the edge of the primary site.

Thank you
I forgot to add in that due to the surface never officially breaking (until recently in which it became infected and my lymph nodes swelled as they fought off the infection. I had 5 days left of Doxycyclene that I took in order to kill the infection internally as well as applied an anti bacterial ointment) my physician never performed a culture of any kind or any type of biopsy. Wanted that known.