Non-itchy red spots that come and go

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Non-itchy red spots that come and go

I have been feeling very fatigued for the past few weeks, although a bit better in the last two days. My white blood cell count, I learned today, is high--12.85. I noticed twice in the past three weeks a painless red rash-like thing, like connected spots that do not have a uniform shape, that lasts about a day and then goes away. It's weird; I've never had anything like this before.

I'm really scared.  What could it be? It's not bumpy, but it's fairly bright red. It was only on my thigh.

Thanks a lot!

The white cell count is high but still does not indicate any infective process - i think you should get a repeat blood test done after a couple of weeks. Are you having any fever or a any other symptoms?

It could be eczema, sweat dermatitis, allergic reactions, tight clothing or insect bites.

You need to wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites.

Apply calamine lotion at the site of the lesions and see if it helps. You could take some oral antihistamine medications like cetrizine or loratadine. You need to maintain a good personal hygiene .

Anti-itch drugs, often antihistamine, may reduce the itch during a flare up of eczema, and the reduced scratching in turn reduces damage and irritation to the skin.

For mild-moderate eczema a weak steroid may be used (e.g. hydrocortisone or desonide), whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid (e.g. clobetasol propionate, fluocinonide).

Eczema can be exacerbated by dryness of the skin. Moisturizing is one of the most important self-care treatments for sufferers of eczema. Keeping the affected area moistened can promote skin healing and relief of symptoms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eczema

Let us know if you need any further information.

It would be advisable to consult a skin specialist for your symptoms and a proper clinical examination to rule out scabies or any other cause.

Let us know if you need any other information and post us on how you are doing.

Regards.