Non itchy widespread rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Non itchy widespread rash

Last thrusday (its now monday) i noticed a fairly mild rash on my torso and sides and back. its now monday and it hasent gotten any better but it seems to have started to spread to my arms. its not itchy in any way and i wouldent have noticed it unless i had looked. i have no fever or swollen lymph nodes as of yet but im kinda worrried it is something serious. im a 15 year old white male if that helps. also the rash is pretty much flat with mabye a almost imperceptible raise in the skin on some parts its deffinatly red/pinkish. please help! im really worried its JRA or lupus
From the symptoms the possibility of pityriasis rosea needs to be ruled out. Pityriasis rosea is a common human skin disease which presents as numerous patches of pink or red oval rash. The rash may be accompanied by low-grade headache, fever, nausea and fatigue and sometimes by itching.
My sincere advice is to get an evaluation done from a dermatologist to confirm the diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers