Dermatology Community
Non-stop itching all over body, with no sign of rash or irritation
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
Blank Blank

Non-stop itching all over body, with no sign of rash or irritation

For the past 3 months, my body everywhere except for my face and lower legs has itched non-stop. It's worse around the upper parts of my arms and the back of my thighs but it is everywhere. I do not have a problem with dry skin, i have tried several different lotions, no change in laundry deterngent or shower soap. I've never had this problem. Lately it seems to have gotten worse, i will begin to scratch and it becomes inflammed and gives and burning sensation wherever i scratch. there are no bumps or any sign of a rask though. i went to the doctor a few weeks ago and he swears it must be dry skin but my skin ISNT dry and its nothing like the symptoms ive had in the past with dry skin. what could this be??
Related Discussions
  • itching all over body (2 replies):
    hi! since one month i itched all over my body but there ...[more]
  • Lpn (1 replies):
    I have itching all over my body with skin rashes
  • ichy skin (1 replies):
    From time to time I have problems with very ichy skin. I...[more]
  • itching (1 replies):
    hi im worried about my mum she is very depressed over it...[more]
  • please help me (3 replies):
    please help me, for 6wks now i have had itchy skin and i...[more]
563773 tn?1374250139
Whenever there is itchy skin all over the body without any rash then some possibilities which should be thought of are dry skin, eczema, hives, internal diseases like liver and kidney disorders, diabetes, iron deficiency anemia, irritation and allergic reactions to chemicals, wool, soaps, cosmetics and certain foods.

Apply an anti itch lotion like Sarna lotion and take some antihistaminic like Benadryl or Claritin. Also wear cotton clothes and consult a dermatologist as you may need topical steroids which should be taken under medical supervision.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Post a Comment
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
Top Dermatology Answerers
1340994 tn?1374197577
Raleigh, NC
209987 tn?1451939065
4851940 tn?1385441629
United Kingdom