Non-stop itching all over body, with no sign of rash or irritation

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

For the past 3 months, my body everywhere except for my face and lower legs has itched non-stop. It's worse around the upper parts of my arms and the back of my thighs but it is everywhere. I do not have a problem with dry skin, i have tried several different lotions, no change in laundry deterngent or shower soap. I've never had this problem. Lately it seems to have gotten worse, i will begin to scratch and it becomes inflammed and gives and burning sensation wherever i scratch. there are no bumps or any sign of a rask though. i went to the doctor a few weeks ago and he swears it must be dry skin but my skin ISNT dry and its nothing like the symptoms ive had in the past with dry skin. what could this be??
Whenever there is itchy skin all over the body without any rash then some possibilities which should be thought of are dry skin, eczema, hives, internal diseases like liver and kidney disorders, diabetes, iron deficiency anemia, irritation and allergic reactions to chemicals, wool, soaps, cosmetics and certain foods.

Apply an anti itch lotion like Sarna lotion and take some antihistaminic like Benadryl or Claritin. Also wear cotton clothes and consult a dermatologist as you may need topical steroids which should be taken under medical supervision.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.