Normal anus color? Serious question

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Normal anus color? Serious question

The skin in between my butt cheeks is a light pink color (it's a thin line going down the crack) and goes all the way to my anus which is pink and gray and the skin around my anus is also pink. I also have a painless skin tag on my anus that's been there for a few months or so. It doesn't itch or hurt and there's no bleeding but the skin will get tender occasionally (maybe from rough toilet paper or tight underwear?) im wondering what could be causing it and If the coloring is normal? It is making me self conscious but I am reluctant to go into a doctor for something that seems to be mainly an issue of vanity. I try to stay very clean but perhaps Im not getting everything (sorry) when I wipe? Any advice is appreciated.