Normal boil or something to worry about?
I'm 24 years old and around the time I was about 14 or 15 I found a bump on my back about 1cm in diameter, there was no discoloration, it didn't hurt, it didn't get bigger so I didn't really worry about it. 2 days ago the bump became a little sensitive and started to hurt slightly. The next day I was fitting some clothes and my sister told me that the bump had gotten almost double in size, it was reddish and it and the surrounding area was very hard. We had a closer look when we got home, there was a lot of pus coming out of it, and there is still a lot left, but it was really hurting so I stopped trying to drain it. I've had a boil before and the amount of pus coming out of this one was incredible. I cleaned it and put a plaster on it, but it's still hurting like hell.

I have an appointment to see my doc on Wednesday - Is this just another boil or should I be worried that it's something else?
From the symptoms it looks like a boil. A boil, also referred to as a skin abscess, is a localized infection deep in the skin. A boil generally starts as a reddened, tender area. Over time, the area becomes firm and hard. Eventually, the center of the abscess softens and becomes filled with pus. Finally, the pus "forms a head," which can be surgically opened or spontaneously drain out through the surface of the skin.

Apply warm compresses on the boil and keep the area clean. Drainage of the boil is done only when it becomes soft and forms a head. Take some over the counter pain reliever and consult a doctor for examination and antibiotics prescription. If there are recurrent boils, then please get your blood sugar levels estimated. Also consult a dermatologist and get the possibility of sebaceous cyst ruled out.
I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.

HI im from the philippines im 31,a also have a boil carcuncle to be exact and this is very painful here in my nape close to my left head,after some mefenamics and cloxacillin as antibiotic and pain reliever,it heals however theres a round like egg bump but its soft like theres a liquid inside it so i was wondering what is that?it doesnt hurt anymore...