Nose hemangioma

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Nose hemangioma

Just wondering if anyone has a baby with a nose hemangioma? My DD was born a month ago with a small mark on her nose tip. More alarmingly, though, was the shape of her nose- the nose tip looks like a huge bulb, which sounds like a compound hemangioma (my older DD also has hemangiomas, so I know by the look that this is probably what my younger DD has). Is there anyone out there with experience with a nose tip hemangioma? Did you get it lasered? At what age does it get worse? Did anyone get surgery for their child? I'd appreciate any advice/stories you'd have to share....
A hemangioma is a congenital benign tumour or vascular malformation of endothelial cells (the cells that line blood vessels).Females are more prone to get it. Mostly they improve or regress completely with time, so there is no need for specific treatment in most cases. In some specific cases where treatment is require, the mode of treatment includes external compression therapy, topical steroids , topical antiseptics like Eosin, which also has antiangiogenic properties, high dose oral corticosteroids , propranolol, vascular laser therapy and medicines like vincristine and imiquimod .

I would suggest an examination by a dermatologist to confirm the diagnosis. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thanks for your reply...do you think that the dermatologist is the first route or should I see an ENT first since it is on her nose tip? I am going to ask my doctor this week for a referral.
Both dermatologist and an ENT specialist can handle a hemangioma on the nose. You can consult any of them as per your convenience.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.
Hello again, thanks very much for your reply. I will ask for a referral tomorrow at her doctor's appointment. Hopefully we can be seen by a specialist who has dealt with nose hemangiomas and has expertise in that area. Thanks!!