Nose inflamation(inflammation)

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Nose inflamation(inflammation)

The right nostril is sore on the inside on the right side. I used a CPAP machine and wonder if this could be causing the problem. I tried different salves but nothing seems to help. If I use a tissue to blow my nose the right side is sore from the squeezing. Not sure if I need an ENT or just wait it out. My CPAP group is up north, maybe I should call them. At least to see if I should stop using it for now.
Hello
Adverse effects of CPAP include dry nose, sinus infection, throat irritation and stomach bloating and chest discomfort. The pain in nose may be due to the CPAP machine but another possibility is of a boil inside the nostril.

In case of boil inside the nose which is infection of the hair follicle inside the nose, it takes its own course for a week or so in healing and no treatment may be required. Apply warm moist compresses three or four times a day over the tender area. This will help to bring the boil to a head and encourage easy drainage.

Along with the warm compresses, you can take OTC pain killers and a course of antibiotics if the causative agent is bacteria.
Please consult an ENT specialist if the symptoms persist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.