Nose irritation due to eyeglass pads.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Nose irritation due to eyeglass pads.

On the left side of my nose I have noticed a red patch underneath where my eyeglass pad sits. I have had this occur previously though it seemed to clear up when I replaced the pads to my glasses. After replacing the pads during this second occurence it does not seem to be going away. What can this be? What may be causing this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The new pads may be irritating the skin beneath. What you could do is apply some calamine lotion on it.
If it disappears then there is nothing further to do.
If it continues to persist an if it also itches then you could take an anti-histamine medication.May be some ingredient in the eye pad is causing an allergic re-action.
Avatar n tn
My skin has thinned on the bridge of my nose and my nose pads only cause more irritation. What can I use long term that will help stop the irritation?