Not sure what it is and want it gone

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Not sure what it is and want it gone

I have this red bump on my noise thats been there for like 4-5 yrs, and when i scratch it bleeds leading me to believe its filled with blood, and then it scabs over and justs goes back to this smooth red bumb protruding from the tip of my noise. I feel like Rudolph, what is it and how do i get rid of it?

This could be a blood blister. Blood blisters are a type of blister that is filled with blood rather than the fluid commonly associated with blisters. Blood blisters are caused by a rupture of the blood vessels underneath the skin’s surface. This rupture is usually caused by some form of trauma, such as pinching.

For the most part, blood blisters do not require special medical attention. Blood blisters that are severe or that reappear, however, may require medical treatment. Similarly, those that are caused by conditions that threaten a person’s health in other ways, such as burns and infections, should be checked.

When caring for blood blisters at home, it is best to refrain from popping the blister. Popping blood blisters can lead to infection and can slow down the body’s natural healing process. To avoid popping, blood blisters should be covered with a soft dressing. If the blister does pop, the resulting pocket of skin should not be peeled away. Rather, the body should be allowed to heal the area on its own schedule.

Blood blisters should also be washed frequently in order to keep them clear of irritants. Applying zinc cream to the area can also help dry up the blister and speed the healing process. When blood blisters break, however, they should be treated with antiseptic in order to prevent infection.

Let me know if you may have any more queries.

Regards.