Aa
A
A
Close
Nummular eczema or worse?
Hi,
Over the past 5 years I've had a few biopsies from skin on my lower legs. Words seen in the reports are: acanthosis, parakeratotic scale, lymphocytic inflammaotry infiltrate, focal acantholysis...

It started with one round spot on my inside ankle 5 years ago and since the first biopsy has spread to various locations om my lower legs, outside thighs, arms and lower back.

I was told nummular eczema and I've used many different steriod creams...nothing works for long.

The lesions, when they begin, resemble a bug bite; then spread out a little. When I first started getting them, it actually looked like ringworm - but now I don't give them a chance to get that far as I drench them in the ointment or foams. Now they stay small - but still look horrendous.

I now have some round areas of discoloration on my lower legs; not sure if it's from too much steriod use or if the condition is morphing.

In any case, the more I 'google' the more upset I am that this is  something more serious; in particular some type of lymphoma.

My question is - can I rest in the previous biopsies?  Would biopsies have indicated some type of lymphoma or some other type of malignancy? Other wise, I feel okay and my labs are fine.  Not sure how to proceed.

Thanks
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Most certainly lymphomas would have been reported,best to ignore what is not your problem.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources