Odd diamond rash/markings on back

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Odd diamond rash/markings on back

One day ago I noticed a strange rash/marking on my lower middle back, The marking could have at the most been present for one day at the time when I seen it. The markings do not hurt nor itch at all and are redish in color, the markings are diamond shaped and are all bunched together. The markings appear as if you had your back sitting against some object for a long time then got up and the shape of that object was almost imprinted on your back, because how the diamonds are shapped and almost equally distanced from one another. The best way to describe it is it looks like a honeycomb marking on my back but instead its diamond shapped. Also the markings are not sticking up at all they are flat and feel just like the rest of the skin.
The only condition anywhere near what you describe, Erythema ab igne, reticulated erythematous skin flush lesions,tho other livedo reticularis.Does your profession make you get exposed to direct solar light or flame?
no, no solar light or flame.
Perhaps beach vollyball?I am trying to connect.
Otherwise a textile dermatitis a possibility.
yea i know it sounds weird i mean that basically how it appears like i laid a vollyball net on my back and sat in the sun. Ofcourse its not covering my whole back just a 3inch x 4inch area mabye
im not familiar with textile dermatitis but i did some reasearch on that and contact dermatitis, and its hard to tell iv been going back in time trying to figure out what i did that day and the couple days before. A few days earlier I did have a graduation I went to and you know I was dressed up in the graduation gown and stuff but none of it ever touched my back but is it still possible it could make me get irritated anywhere? But also that was a good few days before should it really take that long to show its effects? Then a couple days before i noticed the marks i did go in the woods but i followed a trail never touched anything and deffinetly never touched anything on my back but again it would have been a couple days later that I would of seen anything. Also I do seen to have sensitive skin to soap like all my life I have freaquently got out of the shower and had itchy somtime rashy skin area on my back and high chest area where soap had been, but it was nothing like this and this marking doesnt itch. But also I had some clothing my mom had washed that when I put it on it had a real odd strong sent to it of mabye some kind of chemical. I did wear a couple shirts that did smell that way them last couple days! But like if i was allergic to some chemical on them should i get markings all over where the shirt was not just in one area?
There is a cotton fabric bleeding madras the chemicals can get imprinted and cause a contact dermatitis,and surely plants, phytophotodermatitis.
yea the contact with chemicals is deffinetly getting me thinking, but I really dont think plants did this, the phytophotodermatitis doesnt really seem to match me the usual symptoms.
well i think I may have figured out where the contact was from, as I was walking around outside my house I stoped and looked at a outside set of chairs and table we have, we got it from a yard sale some year ago or so and had the set painted a black color. I never sit at that table because not far from it is our screen porch room with much better chairs, but I recalled that a few days ago I decided to sit out there with my back against the chair and the chairs have diamond shapes on them and just that same size! The only thing is i was wearing a t shirt the whole time so could the chairs still cause contact thru a simple t-shirt? and also the diamond shape redness on my back was filled in like the diamonds were all red where the chairs have the steel crossed to make the diamond shapes where the steel would have been touching my back where the normal skin tone inbetween the red diamonds if that makes any sense. So why am I not red where the skin would have been pressed against but instead in between where the skin was pressed against?
You are really sherlock homes,hows mr.watson?Sure with out redness,pressure is enough.
I just noticed the same thing on my back but mine slightly itches. I have the same or similar style patio set.  But I sit in those chairs all the time without any issues til now.     I put lanacane on mine.   Hope it clears it up.  
My husband has same thing. I took a photo .....so strange.  Found photos on internet that look just like it but no answers yet!
I have strange markings on my right bicipe. it doesn't hurt or itch it is very strange and ive been looking up for the net and still no answers. Look at my profile pic.
I have had the exact same thing happen, once with 19 clearly visible redish diamond shapes about the size of a dime on my middle back, not raised nor irritated and unknown to me until my girlfriend pointed them out. I have also had this same thing happen with a different shape/pattern of what resembled teethmarks in a C shape on another occasion, both incidents were at least a month apart. I do not own the notorious diamond backed patio chairs, nor was I anywhere near or pressing against or around a substance (chemical liquid intense heat .etc) that could've left a rash, especially in a precise pattern as I experienced. ( I say rash, because it was not an indentation. )
If this cannot be explained medically, or scientifically, I'm willing to chock it up to abduction or possession. I am having a lot of difficulty finding any reasonable or logical explanation for this, I'm just glad I found this forum where other are experiencing the same phenomena.