Dermatology Expert Forum
Odd growth near groin. Very odd.
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Odd growth near groin. Very odd.

In December, I began noticing a growth very close to my penis. It was in the pubic area. Since then I have not had ANY symptoms. It was a normal skin growth and looked like a mushroom at first. So I thought it was Molluscum contagiosum. I don't have much time to check it out since I am in the middle of medical school final exams. But I will be on break soon so I can go in a few days if I need to.

So now (~4 months later) it has grown slightly. It's gray/dark at the base and white at the top. It has grown out like a tube almost. It has not spread and remains only a single growth on the surface.

Some background info:
Im 22yrs old. Male. No sexual activity in 8+ months. No past STI. No past relevant medical history as far as I can remember. No health issues in the past 4 months.

I am becoming very concerned about this growth and I am sure it is going to be something nasty but do you have any idea as to what it can be? and what should I do about it?

Thank you.

Any additional questions please ask.