Dermatology Community
Odd piece of skin pulled out of finger
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Odd piece of skin pulled out of finger

I have this odd growth on my finger from me chewing on it as a nervous habbit it has a calluse and a tiny little white dot in the middle if i take a pair of tweezers or small pliars it comes out like a root sometimes with a tiny what looks like white hair on the end but seems to be just really thin skin and it has a hard top to it and soft root any answers will be appreciated have pictures if needed
Related Discussions
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
From the symptoms it can be a callus, cutaneous horn, cyst or wart. A cutaneous horn a conical projection above the surface of the skin that resembles a miniature horn. Cutaneous horns usually are asymptomatic. But sometimes they can become inflamed and cause pain.

A cyst can be infected with any infective agent even bacteria like staph. Without examination and lab investigations like skin biopsy and examination of the tissue sampleunder the microscope, nothing can be said with confirmation.

In my opinion, you should follow up with your dermatologist and discuss about these three possibilities with him.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979