Odd shaped rash on 12 yr. old son's forearms
My 12 year old son has an odd shaped rash on his forearms - but not anywhere else.  It does not itch - the shapes are circular and noodle shaped.  He also has a stuffy nose and light cough.  

Thank you for any advice.  I have made a doctor's appointment but hate to have to run there for every little thing.  Should I wait 24 hours first?  Or go to Dr. today?  

Thank you, Nancy
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be a viral exanthematous rash, hives or pityriasis rosea( less likely due to its preference for the trunk). I would suggest you to get it evaluated from a dermatologist. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.