Oily Scalp problem

Is there any co-relation between an extremely oily scalp and hair loss?

I really believe its the case for me. My scalp gets oily within 3-4 hours after a wash (and I shampoo everyday!).

Any help would be appreciated.

There is no medical condition as such which causes oiliness of the hair. I would suggest you to clean your hair frequently with a mild shampoo(you can use the ones for oily hair) and don’t apply any conditioner on the hair.Also you can shampoo twice during each wash and apply shampoo on the scalp without piling the hair on top.

It makes sense to avoid the use of conditioner as it also tends to make the scalp oily. when shampooing the hair, switch from warm water to cool water after you've thoroughly rinsed away the shampoo.The cool water rinse helps close the pores of the scalp and slow down the oil production.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you very much Mr.Kaur, I really appreciate it.

Do you also think my extremely oily scalp could be the reason for my hair loss? (if somehow the oily scalp prevents new hair from growing?)

Thank you
Neil
Oily scalp does not cause hair loss as such. But oily hair can cause dandruff and hence there can be a loss of hair. Dandruff can cause either an overly dry scalp with itchy white flakes that may be waxy or greasy, or it can manifest as an oily scalp with scales.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.