Old bug bite, causing hard lump under skin, not going away

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I was bitten around 8 weeks ago on my arm by a bug or insect. It use to have puss and blood come out of it, however it doesnt have any more. it looks like it has healed but i still have a hard lump under myskin and it red around it. It doesnt itch at all. does anyone know what it could be??
From the symptoms it is due to formation of hematoma because of blood trapped in tissues. This blood may need to be drained. Less commonly, it may develop calcium deposits at the injury site. I suggest you to get it examined from your doctor and get it drained.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.