Old mole with a new itch
I have had a dark brown mole on the side of my upper arm my entire life. However, recently I thought I had an insect bite because the mole had a raised, translucent bite-looking bump right next to and somewhat under the mole. It itched like a bug bite. However, it no longer itches, but the bump is still there, it's somewhat translucent with a slight, light brown tint.

The closer I look, the edges of the mole are asymmetrical. It's worrying me.

Could a mole I've had forever just change and become malignant?

Where are the lesions located? Since when have you noticed them? Are there any other associated symptoms?

This could be due to some bacterial infection, fungal infection, viral causes, diabetes or hypertension, etc.

It would be advisable to consult a skin specialist and to rule out the cause of the skin lesions.

Till then, you should keep the areas clean and not to scratch or pick at the lesions.

This does not look like it could be a melanoma. The typical signs and symptoms of a melanoma are - ' Asymmetrical skin lesion, irregular border of the lesion, multiple colours, moles greater than 5 mm are more likely to be melanomas than smaller moles, change of a mole or lesion may be a hint that the lesion is becoming malignant or elevation.'

You could read more about the condition at the following link -
' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melanoma'

Nothing can be said with surety without having a look at the lesions and it would be best to consult your doctor for a clinical examination.

Let us know about what your doctor advises and post us if you need any other information.

Regards.