DERMATOLOGY
COMMUNITY
Old scar swollen and red
by Sue415, May 20, 2008
I have an old scar which is from when I was a kid (about 35 years old).  It has recently gotten larger, red and sensitive to the touch.  What could it be?
Member Comments (3)
by loiloi, May 21, 2008
Bio-oil or Palmers Cocoa Butter Scar serum may help relieve this discomfort. Eloise x
Avatar_dr_f_tn
by Vanessa LacuestaBlank, May 21, 2008
Hi.

You may have this assessed by your physician. This may be infected or there may be an overlying dermatitis or irritation which could have caused this. Where is this scar located? Where did you get this scar? Was this a surgical scar or was this secondary to trauma or injury?

You may wash the area with a mild cleanser and have this assessed by your physician. You may be given pain relievers or an antibiotic in case there is a mild infection present.
by jessalew, Mar 12, 2012
Have a scar on my nose that's been there since I was 3 months old I am now 27 years old and it swelled up out of nowhere it was sensitive to touch when it first swelled up like a month ago but it has now stopped hurting but is still swollen what do I need to do