Open sores on legs that dont heal

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Open sores on legs that dont heal

I am 44 years old and for the past 20 years I have had these red blistery dots on my legs that come and go. They itch and cause my legs to swell especially around the ankles. I have seen many doctors and yet no one can figure out what they are or how to get rid of them. This time I broke out about a year ago and some of them became open sores so I did what I normally would do and bandaged them and tried to stay off my feet as much as possible. This doesn't seem to be working, they have grown larger and are now very very painful. I have been taking Motrin for the pain and this was working till the other day. now it doesn't even touch the pain. Some doctors call these sores ulcers. I was using Neosporin on them but have recently read that I shouldn't.(the sores have black spots around the outside edges and long term use of Neosporin could be the cause). How can I get these to heal and reduce the pain? Please help me I am going nuts with having this pain day in and day out.