Oral herpes transmission

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Oral herpes transmission

If my aunt with oral herpes kissed my check and i beleive she had a coldsore, if she did it was in the 1st stage where it looks like just a little red bump. How likely am i to be infected with herpes now? If so will this occur on my cheek? or can the virus move to say my lips? About five minutes after she kissed me i washed the area with soap and water. Did this do anything to help? Thank you so much :)
Oh and kind of a random question but on this subject, will a dish washing machine kill the herpes virus?
Herpes is a virus and it spreads by contact. The contact can be due to physical contact or sexual etc. These are common ways of infection: 1] By kissing someone if u have cold, or sore throat 2] Through vaginal or anal intercourse or oral intercourse 3} during pregnancy by mother to baby at birth 5} touching the sore infected outbreak like fingers, eyes etc can also possibly pass virus.

Dishwashing liquid will not kill the virus or stop its transmission.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.