Dermatology Community
Oral sex after Molluscum Contagiosum?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Oral sex after Molluscum Contagiosum?

My partner has been Molluscum-free for more than 8 months (genital).  I have been Molluscum-free for more than 6 months (genital), ensured by my dermatologist last week (whom I've gotten monthly check-ups with).  My partner and I have had sexual contact since July with no re-occurring molluscum.
Anyways, We had oral sex with eachother this past week.  
Would I be completely over-thinking this by avoiding shaving on my face to prevent new molluscum from forming, EVEN THOUGH we were both "cured" a long time ago, and have been intimate for the past couple of months with no reoccurring molluscum?  

Sorry if this question is a little bit anal, but even though the severity of our Molluscum was very small when we were first diagnosed, the whole anxiety of new ones forming is quite scary, even though my Dermatologist has tried to get me to stop worrying.
Hi,
How are you? Molluscum contagiosum, a viral skin infection that causes raised, pearl-like papules or nodules on the skin may be transmitted through direct contact with a lesion,  contact with contaminated objects, and through sexual contact. These lesions may disappear but may recur or persist with immunocompromised patients. Try not to worry especially if there is no active lesions at this time. Take care and best regards.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...