Dermatology Expert Forum
Orange Crusty Oozing Acne?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Orange Crusty Oozing Acne?

I have been getting these sores or zits for about 5 years, I'm 27 now. Within the last few months I've been getting 10 or more at once vs. 1 or 2. I have a Hx of acne and cyctic acne in high school, but had none for 2 years post-accutane at age 17. These sores start oozing then crusting over, but the crusty orange scab falls off when easily bushed up against the first day, then is harder after. They last about 3-4 days total. Sometimes there are pustules within the scab, but not always. It later turns into a normal scab and falls off or just turns red and goes away. They do not seem to leave a scar. They do itch a little sometimes, no pain. They range in size from 1mm-6mm. They only form on my face. One G.M. Dr. (not Derm) told me it was mutated acne when I first started getting them, he perscribed Retin-A, but at the time I got them so radomly, I couldn't tell if it really helped or was worth the dryness. Another Dr. thought it could be actinic keritosis except they do go away and they come back in all different spots. It is so imberrising and gross now, that I need to do something more about it.