Outbreak of tiny red pimple-like bumps.
I woke up this morning with my upper chest, neck and shoulders covered in a rash. This rash consists of small red bumps, the size of little pimples- but they are not whiteheads. They do not itch nor do they hurt. I am not sure what has caused this or what I should do to counter the outbreak.

I have no history of body acne or really any acne for that matter.

I am a 28 year old, healthy female.

It can be folliculitis,dermatitis (atopic, contact, allergic), heat rash or excessive sweating causing sweat dermatitis.

You may try calamine lotion on the rash. You should also maintain hygiene and try to keep the area clean and dry, wear loose-fitting cotton clothing. Also use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove.Avoid deodorant / cosmetics. You can also use a barrier cream with zinc oxide paste or petroleum jelly or a thick moisturizing cream applied directly to wet skin after bathing.

If the rash persists then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Thank you for your reply!

I have been refraining from sun exposure and keeping the area clean. The rash cleared up about a week after the initial outbreak and looks as if nothing was ever there to begin with.

If this occurs again I will consult a doctor.