PIH acne scaring but not going away?
I heard it takes 6 months to a year for it to go away. But it's been over 2 years and I'm incredibly discouraged. I think every pimple i get results in a scar no matter whether I pick it or not. I dont want to use hydrocoquine or whatever, I heard it causes cancer. Will these ever go away naturally, its been SO long I'm losing faith and patience.
I currently use purpose face wash and fruit of the earth 100% aloe gel.
How are you doing now?
Post inflammatory hyper pigmentation (PIH) is a frequently encountered problem and represents the sequelae of various cutaneous disorders as well as therapeutic interventions. Post-inflammatory pigmentation is discoloration of the skin at the site of a healed or healing inflamed acne lesion. It occurs more frequently in darker-skinned people, but occasionally is seen in people with white skin. Early treatment by a dermatologist may minimize the development of post-inflammatory pigmentation. Some post-inflammatory pigmentation may persist for up to 18 months, especially with excessive sun exposure. Chemical peeling may hasten the disappearance of post-inflammatory pigmentation.
The treatment of PIH tends to be a difficult and prolonged process that often takes 6-12 months to achieve the desired results of depigmentation. There is no single treatment that works for everyone. The effectiveness of each treatment varies and treatments may have to be used in conjunction with each other. Firstly - avoid sun exposure. Secondly topical agents like Azeliac Acid (It also stimulates faster cell proliferation and has been clinically proven to be an effective acne treatment).  The treatment of PIH tends to be a difficult and prolonged process that often takes 6-12 months to achieve the desired results of depigmentation. Daily use of a broad-spectrum sunscreen (sun protection factor [SPF] 15 or greater) is an essential part of any therapeutic regimen.
I think you have had waited for so long, let us give it some more time.
Alternatively, you can discuss with your dermatologist about further line of management.
Hope this helps.
Bye.