PLEASE HELP, RASH AFTER KISSING!!!!!!!

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

PLEASE HELP, RASH AFTER KISSING!!!!!!!

About a week ago, after kissing one of my friends. The next morning I woke up and noticed I had like some type of red rash/breakout in three different areas ONLY on my "inner bottom lip". It seemed very sensitive, but by the next morning it went away. As the week progressed, I feel like a tingling /burning sensation on my inner bottom lip. It has been a week later and my inner bottom lip is still tingling and has like a red blotchy spot looks like a small rash has appeared. I asked my friend when the last time he was tested/physical etc and he claimed he was fine, tested a few months ago, and was "clean". I was tested a few months ago and haven't been kissing or physical with anyone else. I'm freaking out, it wasn't intense kissing either. I do not have any type of rash, tingling on any other area inside my mouth or outside. Do I have anything to worry about? Should I go to the doctor? Please help!
go to doctor or planned parent hood get it tested or try and research it on google images god bless
From the symptoms it can be due to contact dermatitis or allergic reaction also. Apply petroleum jelly, lip balm which will prevent itching of lip surface. A short course of anti histamines against prescription will be helpful. Identify the allergen and avoid further exposure. I suggest you to consult physician.

For cold sore, you need to get some investigations like sample from the sores to identify the virus, culture analysis, Tzanck smear, antigen and antibody studies and blood sampling for antibody studies done to confirm the diagnosis. My sincere advice would be to consult a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Dr. Kaur,

Thank you for your posting. I went to the doctor when the irritation was present again, but it appeared after eating hot spicy foods. But when I went to the doctor, she analyzed me and said she didn't think it was any kind of infectious disease, or herpes type 1. She said it looks like my tiny lymph nodes on my inner bottom lip was irritated by something that's all.

But recently I got it again, but just tingling no sores or anything like that and a different doctor thinks it's herpes type 1. She thought this because I felt the tingling sensation with no presence of a sore during my menstrual cycle, and because I was stressed with finals. I'm so confused, because two different doctors are saying two different things. And there is no point of getting tested because she said that over 90% of the population has herpes type 1.

My question for you is...can you have herpes type 1 with just tingling in your "inner lip not outer lip" with no presence of a sore. And if this is true, if i kiss or become physical with my boyfriend can I transmit this to him?

Thank you again for your help.
From the symptoms the possibility of herpes is less likely but nothing can be confirmed without investigating, as I have mentioned before. Pain, burning, tingling, or itching occurs at the infection site before the sores appear. Then clusters of blisters erupt which break down.