Pain/Sensitivity in Outer Genitals

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Pain/Sensitivity in Outer Genitals

I am a 47 year old female.  2 months ago my father had a stroke & I spent long hours every day for 10 days sitting by his bedside.  I developed extreme sensitity and pain in my outer genitals, nothing internal.  It feels as if my genitals are being pricked by pins or smashed when sitting.  Nothing is visible and I have been to my OB/GYN who could find nothing and told me to take one Advil a.m. and p.m. Obviously this did nothing and the pain/sensistivy continues when sitting. There is no rash, bumps, or discharge. I have tried Cortisone 10, antibacterial lotion, Vagasil, Monostat, even a diaper rash creme, trying to build a barrier between any fabrics and my skin.  At night I literraly put an ice pack on my crotch, I am in so much pain from irritation all day long.  Do you have any idea what this could be or what I can do, aside from going bottomless? I am so embarrassed to go to another doctor after my OB/GYN completely dismissed me.  Thank you
Avatar n tn
what you described in your question is a fungal infection that afftect of the skin around the genital and between the thigh.  it is called JOCK ITCH..

you need antifungal (not antibacteria) cream or ointment.

there are pary poweder and cream for jock itch, available over the counter.

please stop the cortison 10 because it will make it worse.

or see a dermatologist "skin doctor"