Dermatology Expert Forum
Pain Under Penis Head

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Pain Under Penis Head
Hi, i am 23 yrs old. Not sexually active. I am a circumised male. The skin right around my penis head just on the edge of the head and below it. it looks very red. there is no pain in urinating or ejaculating and no blood either. I do masturbate frequently and the skin just feels very sore. I would like to know what is wrong? and how can i treat it.
thank you
Probably nothing is wrong.  Penile skin is very sensitive.  Friction can irritate it, and make it look red.  Possibly masturbation is causing that in your case.

I would just keep the area lubricated (any moisturizer will do), and otherwise do as little as possible.  Redness can take time to go away, but it does.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff