Pain and redness under armpit

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Pain and redness under armpit

8851681?1361044760
Hi there ,

I have what I think is a rash of some sort under my armpit. It is only on the right arm and the left arm is slightly red , but no pain . It does not itch  , just hurts a lot when I move my arm around . They are like long red bumps that hurt on the touch . I saw a pharmacist and she said it could be a fungal infection. She said I might have to use "Lamisil Cream" , which is a lot of $$.

The problem is I don't have coverage and I cannot afford this cream at the moment. Just about a month ago, I did have coverage and I had purchased the "Fucidin HC cream"  to treat eczema on my face.

I guess my question : Can use Fucidin HC cream to treat this rash or should I buy this "Lamisil cream" ?

Thank you for your time .

Best wishes.
Kev

Details of the Fucidin H cream:
Fusidic acid 2%
Hydrocortisone acetate 1%
Topical Antibiotic/corticosteroid
In not a doctor but have had similar type of thing. It seems more of an irritation than a rash. I would try some OTC 1% cortizone cream (not oitment) with aloe as helps with inflamations and the aloe will sooth. I also would stop shaving till it clears up and also stop the deoderant also as will clog up the inflamed pores. This area is very sensitive.
One other thing i noticed is that some of the hairs are short and some long so your razor was either dull and you scraped your skin or it was new and you did not go straight but was at an angle and scraped it that way also.
Hi Life360,

Thank you for your advice. Yes, I used an electric razor ...I couldn't see what was the problem with my arm . So I used an electric razor and once i saw the redness , it hurt upon the touch and I stopped shaving.