Pain from a Cyst
I have had a bump for a few months now and I get pain from in every once in a while. Its a bump on my upper right leg around my "area" I have been told by my mother it is a Cyst. Any advice on what to do?
Usually cysts are painless. Blocked sebaceous glands, swollen hair follicles and excessive testosterone production will cause such cysts.

Generally no treatment is required but they become painful then it means they are infected,Then surgical excision by traditional wide excision, minimal excision, and punch biopsy excision may be required.

But recurrence is quite common. I suggest you to get the diagnosis confirmed from a dermatologist after examination.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.