Painful Blisters on back of legs

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Painful Blisters on back of legs

Just recently, I've started getting these blisters on the back of my left leg, right on my calf. First the look like a million moscitos had a buffet on my calf, then the blister up and it hurts to walk for a little. They itch like crazy and when they pop, clear fluid comes out. The last ones left brown marks, but they peeled away and left brand new skin underneath. I use an anti bactiral gel on it, but it doesnt seem to work very well. Can anyone tell me what is going on with my leg and how to treat it?
May be a nummular/irritant dermatitis. Application of hydrocortisone creme for a few days should be ok. Do consult your doc.
The commonest cause of such blisters on legs is plant contact eczema where the smaller vesicles have joined up to form a blister. On the sun exposed areas of the arms and legs porphyria cutanea tarda may cause blisters and skin fragility and erosions. The other possibility is of herpetic sores and insect bites.

I suggest you to get it examined from a dermatologist to confirm the diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.