Painful Blisters

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Painful Blisters

MY SON (25Y) HAS A PATCH OF CLEAR BLISTERS ON HIS ARM. IT HAS REDNESS AROUND IT WITH A RED LINE COMEING OUT OF IT.iT DOESN'T ITCH BUT IS PAINFUL. No other symtoms (symptoms)

thanks for the query,

Looks like your son is having shingles, it is a sesurgance of zoster virus[chicken pox] when your immunity is reduced, get him examined by a dermatologist so that it can be confirmed and treated.

Wish you and your child good health.
From the symptoms these painful blisters can be due to bullous staph infection or allergic reaction. If the blisters start spreading and there is severe pain then shingles is a possibility otherwise the site is not common for shingles blisters. Shingles occurs in people who have had chickenpox and represents a reactivation of the dormant varicella-zoster virus. The first sign is usually a tingling feeling, itchiness, or stabbing pain on the skin. After a few days, a rash appears as a band or patch of raised dots on the side of the trunk or face. The rash develops into small, fluid-filled blisters which begin to dry out and crust over within several days. When the rash is at its peak, symptoms can range from mild itching to extreme and intense pain.

I suggest you to get the diagnosis confirmed from a dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers