Painful bump on inner thigh, near groin area

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

2 weeks ago I noticed a bump on my upper inner thigh, basically right between my legs (where my two thighs touch if legs are together). It is slightly red and painful, about 1cm-2cm in diameter. I have squeezed it, and no drainage has come out. What could this be? It is larger and more painful than any ingrown hairs I have had, and I don't see that a hair is involved in this. It has been 2 weeks and it is still there. I have tried antibiotic cream and warm compresses. Still nothing. It seems when I tocuh it, it becomes more swollen and painful.

Thank you.
It can be a boil, abscess or due to infected cyst. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. Also wear cotton undergarments. Application of topical antibiotic like Neosporin cream and oral antiinflammatories like ibuprofen/acetaminophen are also helpful. If the symptoms are severe then it will be best to consult a dermatologist
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.