Painful lump
Hi, im sixteen. 2 days ago this lump appeared on my left vagina lip. It's 2 in long and half an inch wide. It hurts when a walk, sit, do normal things. Im in track ( i jump hurtles) and it's starting to affect my performance. Is this a pulled muscle, a tumor, cancer??? Im really worried.
Hello there,
There are several causes of bumps on the vagina.The causes could be ingrown hair, sebaceous cyst, abscess, herpes or genital warts. Ingrown hair can cause red painful bumps that surround a hair shaft. They usually respond to topical antibiotic cream and maintaining local hygiene. In folliculitis there is infection of the hair shaft which causes red bumps with a small amount of pus at the tip .In herpes there are small blisters containing clear fluid. It is best to get these examined by a healthcare professional. Treatment will be specific depending on the cause. I sincerely hope it helps.
Best luck and regards!